Monday, September 10, 2007

Gratitude

Gratitude - saying "Thank You" - giving thanks for the harvest - acknowledging the efforts of a friend, or even a stranger - being grateful you're not alone.

How many times do we take it for granted that people know we are grateful for them - for their help, their wisdom, their advice, their shoulder to cry on, for being a sounding board, for just listening, or for doing something completely unexpected but urgently needed?

What are you grateful for today? Not just grateful for in general, but grateful for TODAY...what's happened today so far that you're grateful for? For myself, I'm grateful to have woken up next to a very sexy pagan man, grateful for my puppy's unabashed lickings of love as I stumbled to the door, for my cat's well-timed jump into my lap as I sipped my coffee so I could give her some well deserved pets. I'm grateful to the man at the stop sign who waved me through, for the coworker who started the coffee this morning so I could grab a cup without having to make a pot.

Do you see where I'm going with this? There are so many little miracles that happen everyday to lighten our lives and lighten the weight the world places on our shoulders. Open your heart, and find the loving gratefulness that's in there, waiting to be unleashed and gifted to all those around us that we're grateful for every day - you'll be amazed how being grateful for others can make you feel better yourself.

No comments: