Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Keeping perspective

Ever had one of those days when Life decided to clear a few things up for you?

Soft of like when the old Cosmic 2x4 smacks you upside the head and makes you look at the BIG picture, and you immediately stop sweating the small stuff?

It's too easy to get completely wrapped up in the day to day drama, and forget to focus on what really matters - family, friendship, hearth & home. I've found myself slicing through the cellophane wrap of drama recently with my teeth in order to regain that feeling of centeredness and balance, and it's my family and friends who have helped me get there - and I bet they don't even know it.

Isn't that amazing? How a friendly voice on the end of the phone, or a quick hug and smile as you walk through the door, or an e-mail that reminds you how important you are to someone - all these little things have such a big impact on your heart, and your soul. They just make the crazy tornadic stuff dissipate like a puff of smoke.

An e-mail from my sister highlighting the lasting happenings at her center in Colorado brought a huge smile to my face - she's making her dreams a reality, living the path she always strived for. E-mails and phone calls from my students, asking for advice and trusting me with difficult issues reminds me that I have a responsibility of the heart that outweighs any mundane brickabrack that might be impinging from the work world.

How about you? Anything happen in your world lately to bring your perspective into focus?

No comments: