Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Coming full circle - in Circle


This weekend, I had the honor to stand with my sister in Circle, as we initiated the new members of her coven into our tradition. My sister taught me, so to stand there with her and bring these neophytes through to the start of their journey on this path, brought the circle to completion for me in so many ways.

We often talk about the turn of the wheel when we refer to the year as a whole, the changing of the seasons and the transition from Sabbat to Sabbat - but this time, it truly hit home with me how much these turns impact our lives.

12 years ago, I found this family of coven brothers and sisters, and set my feet upon the path I now walk to this day - one of teaching, learning, growing and changing. In those twelve years, I've gotten divorced, found my voice, lived in four states, found my soul mate, studied at seminary for a year to become an ordained interfaith minister, began teaching my own students, became a Reiki Master, my partner and I bought 43 acres of land upon which to build a future, we started a non-profit Interfaith Foundation and a Pagan Festival in the Bible Belt, I began a blog, and found my stride as a person on this planet.

I have buried friends, familiars and old habits and welcomed new friends and familiars into my life. I have learned to let go, to just be and to find comfort in a good book and a cup of hot chocolate.

I think back on the woman who was me 12 years ago, and the transformation is startling - the mouse has become a lioness. So mote it be.

No comments: