Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When being Me annoys others




Ever had one of those days when just by being yourself, you manage to annoy just about everyone around you? I swear, it must be some innate skill hidden away in our DNA that just switches to the "On" position on occasion.

I'm not doing anything I wouldn't normally do - in this case, helping a friend through a tough time - and kapow! Everyone around me all of a sudden looks at me like I'm stark raving mad.

I assure you, I help people all the time, whether they be true friends or just folks needing directions. It's part of my nature. It's part of who I am. Always has been and always will be.

So, color me befuddled when my innate desire to help is twisted into some odd type of behavior that causes everyone I care about to look at me like I've grown a second head.

The view does become somewhat clearer, as I realize that the person I am attempting to help is also someone those around me find "annoying."

So, apparently, when someone is considered annoying by the pack, they must be thrown to the wolves and left to suffer. Somehow, that just doesn't sit right with me. Everyone deserves a chance, and they deserve assistance, annoying habits aside.

So, I guess I will reside in the corner with my "annoying" hat on, because I don't intend to change who I am to suit the masses.

No comments: