Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ah, those little victories in life....

You know the ones - small, somewhat inconsequential, but man - you feel better when they happen don't you? That time you fought with the printer until it FINALLY printed your information onto the specialty paper correctly (after trashing the first 5 sheets), or you did battle with the CD duplicating computer and actually got it to start working again without having to hit it with a sledgehammer...oh yes, these small victories make for those little pick me ups throughout the day that help get us closer to Friday.

I'm excited to get to Friday you see, because we've got so much planned for the work weekend out at our land, Pyrth Annwn - and many of our good friends are coming to join us in the labor and help us create more sacred space amidst the forests of Pyrth Annwn. We're creating a play area for the kids, working on small building projects and clearing out campsites of last fall's leaves. The day we can finally call Pyrth our permanent, never moving again home can't come too soon. (Come on water table, I want to drill a well!)

I could live there now, I really could. We have a little portapotty, with five actual 55 gallon drum composting toilets coming soon. We have solar showers and a river to swim in. We have tents that work for us quite nicely, just not so much for the cats. They might have a thing or two to say about that. The dogs however would be as happy as us I think - they both love it out there, whether they're chasing the errant armadillo or napping in dappled shade near staff camp.

The one thing I'd miss would be electricity - I like my Internet and my TV shows. They're my vice. I could live a really simple existence if it wasn't for them. The idea of planting gardens and orchards, and canning our crops fills me with absolute delight. I have a lot to learn about it, but I'm so excited to get started. And chickens - now that's going to be an adventure, especially with the two dogs to help chicken-wrangle.

Soon, now - soon. Every step forward brings us that much closer....

No comments: