Thursday, June 11, 2009

The delicate balance of accepting CHANGE

Ah, change. A word that can strike fear into the hearts of many, or release those same people from the confines of a box they didn't even realize they were in.

So...am I fearful, or free - or both? Good question, and so far, no real good answer to go with it.

The job I had seen as my salvation (no pun intended) has dematerialized. The job I'm in has changed into a new role, and one that I'm enjoying, even if it means fewer hours of pay during the week. And, another job has surfaced that fits in harmony with the first job, and will allow us to make the bills.

But at what cost? I'll have a few extra hours during the week to spend at home, but my weekends are now officially lost to us. We'll actually have more money coming in than going out for a change, but less time to spend with each other and our animals and our friends.

What are the costs of change? Monetarily, spiritually, physically, emotionally - how do you strike the right balance without tipping the scales?

1 comment:

Darc_Oso said...

I know some of your same sentiments. When helen and I moved up here, we did so with some hope and some fear mixed together. We had no real friends to speak of up here, and no jobs. I feel for you and hope everything works out as it needs to. May your weekends be freed up sooner than you think! :) And don't let the naysayers get you down! Love ya!

-Seth