Thursday, June 18, 2009

Relying on Faith

It's a funny thing - many pagans participate in Sabbats and Esbats, read volumes of books on a variety of subjects and yet, in their everyday lives, they don't seem to put much faith in, well, our faith. I work in an office with many folks who actively participate in their churches, who speak on spiritual matters in the workplace and have even come and prayed for me at times of distress. I marvel at their saturation of faith on a daily basis, and wish I could grasp that saturation point too.

I light candles on our altar daily for those needing energy, I read several Pagan boards each day that discuss pagans in the news, the time of the seasons and more, I read a variety of books on pagan/metaphysical/hermetical/quantum physics type topics, and I give thanks everyday for my chosen family, my furry ones and my soul mate. When friends are in need I reach out and offer comfort, whether it be in the form of hugs or chocolate or both.

Maybe it's because I have to be so deep in the closet here, or that there are no other pagans here at the office to speak with. But I don't feel that deep saturation of connection with our faith that I see so obviously in others. Is this something all pagans struggle with?

2 comments:

Spidr said...

I think we pagans experience our spiritual belief system differently than Christians for example. Many Christians have a need to promote, proselytize to the uninitiated, whereas pagans don't have that aspect. It affects our presentation and perceptions. I could go on but I think that conveys the idea, for me anyway.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.