Thursday, December 30, 2010

Surviving the End of the Holidays

The Marine and I have travelled over 1,500 miles this holiday season, visiting family and friends and sharing in seasonal parties and events. I actually had to go to the chiropractor to fix my hip, as the amount of driving and sitting in the car had actually knocked me out of alignment.
Our bellies are definitely bigger from all of the wonderful food, and our heads are a bit stuffier thanks to the regional allergies that kicked up (Texas Pine Tree dust anyone?)

As much as I love the holidays, and the reconnecting with family, having to cram it all into just a few days is a bit much. You see, we have Christmas, our anniversary (which is the day after Christmas), my Dad's birthday (which is Jan 2) and the Marine's birthday (which is Jan. 8) all to celebrate while we're together as a family. This means we eat way too many desserts (pies for Christmas and the Anniversary; cakes for the birthdays) and gorge on several different wonderful dinners. And we had three days in which to do it all - oy!

I'm actually looking forward to New Year's, when we have two friends coming over to help us ring in 2011 with a frozen pizza, champagne to toast, and some fun games to play. It will be nice to relax, sit back and laugh with friends and not have to worry about the rigors of holiday get-togethers.

We'll have the beautiful Ozark night sky filled with stars, two dogs and five cats who will eagerly be jockeying for positions next to the warm humans, and a toasty wood stove to keep things cozy. Who needs to ring in the New Year with a bang? I prefer the quiet, peacefulness of the Arkansas Ozarks, with the owls hooting in the background and the coyotes singing in the distance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've ever liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to kind of virtuous spend in days of yore staring at it as a form of catharsis. In a opportunity, it helps me with meditation, to mitigate stress and just fantasize about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, instead of dolls and cars I've perpetually at ease more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, harmonious boxes etc. So I was most pleased when I establish the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Inconsiderable Manifest Laser Ace Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com under the aegis the Toys section. It's like a musical belt, a spinning head, and a light verify all rolled into one. Which is spectacular relaxation! The gyroscope transfer concoct representing about a minute. The laser slight manifest with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a rather unique toy that my friends be subjected to also been most amused with.

My dogs are also beautiful outr?prevalent the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They always follow the gyroscope as it spins, although at first they kept barking at the laser light show, and also because it produces music. But after they got used it, they've stopped barking but just save up following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also attractive amused nearby it. Sometimes it's good to have fun toys on all sides the lineage so that you can go away the diminutive on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you go provide for scoff or receive changed. The gyroscope is inseparable such trinket with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a intent plot on it, and produces a light indicate with red, obscene, and common colours. Pit oneself against a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser joyful show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that enormous but facts enough to treat any supplementary visitor to the house. The gyroscope is red and raven, making it look extraordinarily cool, and measure arrogant with that dragon imprint.

The music luminescence make clear gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also utilized this gyroscope to their heels my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy matter of decorating the pension latitude with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as affectionately so that the laser light register produces a romantic effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the moonlight effects created a slightly romantic atmosphere. She loved it, not later than the style, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my default shopping placement for all gifts and ideas for romanticist occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser go down playing gyroscope can possibly be a momentous Christmas give-away in behalf of the toddler or methodical the favoured! Alternatively, the gyroscope can altogether be a polite reckoning to the ordinary Christmas decorations. I can presume placing it near the Christmas tree and peradventure spinning it when guests arrive in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my subject thus far again!