Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Samhain Reflections

The cool air of Samhain is here - yet another turn of the wheel ends and begins anew. The time has come for remembrance, for introspection and for healing.

The Earth is primary, as the Mother exchanges the kiss of power with the God and retreats into the womb to rest and restore. The God dons his antlers and revels in his work of protection and will, for he is our guide through the dark days until the light returns to us.

I remember those we have lost this year, both to the next life and to a different path. Some will return again in time, others in another lifetime.

I think about those who have lost me this year - whom I have pulled away from by choice, or who I have chosen not to fight, but to allow to move on to other journeys that do not include me.

I think of all the new people who have joined my circle this year - the many smiling faces that have come to be known as family.

I give thanks for all those I hold close to my heart, and for all those who hold me close in theirs.

And I give thanks to the God and Goddess for the man who stands beside me - my partner, lover and friend - my soul mate.

This is a time for feasting, for telling stories, for remembering and for honoring. It is a time to slow down, to savor the smells and flavors of the frosty air, to smile as the little ghouls and goblins skip along the sidewalks and pilfer treats from neighboring houses.

Under the moonlight tonight, as the breeze plays on your skin, open your heart to your memories and find a place of peace there - ground yourself in that peace and use it to build your foundation for the coming year ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* I love reading your posts. Happy new year, sister. And Blessed Samhain.

Jeremey led a wonderful ritural tonight, and I am just so thankful for the friendship he has found in the Clan of the Laughing Dragon... and for the friendship Seth and I have found as well. *smiles*

Blessed be

Hava

Anonymous said...

"I think about those who have lost me this year - whom I have pulled away from by choice, or who I have chosen not to fight, but to allow to move on to other journeys that do not include me."

This is an amazing statement, and an even more amazing concept. I will think about this long and hard.

Keep in mind, however, that some of these people may find there way back if you allow them in again.

My little brother is back, and i am still trying to decide if I should let him in or not. I guess that choice goes both ways.

BB Cheri

Anonymous said...

I second Hava's statement. Jem led a wonderful ritual, and i am thankful that i have found even more family in the Clan of the Laughing Dragons ... it is an honor

Zetta